Thursday, September 9, 2010

The pool is closed.....

Riley had her last weekend at the pool. :( She loves going to the pool! With her Puddle Jumper she can swim by herself. She doesn't need any help and it's teaching her how to swim on her own. We have been to the pool every weekend this summer and she has gone throughout the week with Grandma and Papa Brozenic. It's hard to believe that next year we'll be taking two kids to the pool.....

Riley is getting so much bigger and smarter every day! She carries on full conversations now and we very rarely have issues understanding what she is trying to say. She speaks in complete sentences and sometimes in Spanish. She is showing even more interest in singing and dancing which makes Mommy VERY happy. I get such a thrill out of listening to her sing along with songs and dance!

Baby is also well on her way to being potty trained. She goes pee in the potty several times a day and rarely wets her diaper. Even at night she holds it until she can go in the morning. We are still working in #2 in the potty, but I know that usually takes more time. She gets so excited when she goes in the potty. She'll say "I did it! I did it! Now can I have M&M's?" She gets a few M&M's every time she goes in the potty. The way I know she is pretty much trained is if we do something right after the potty like change clothes or get in the bathtub she forgets about the M&M's. She no longer does it just for the candy! Such a big girl!!

Baby is also in Preschool two days a week and really likes it. She cried a little at first when Daddy would drop her off but she hasn't done that in a few weeks. She is learning so much and has even made a few friends. We are hoping to have her start going 3 days a week once Van gets here. We really think it's important for her to be around other kids her age and be in a stricter environment. Now that I don't have the schedule that allows me to stay home a few days a week with her we needed another source for day care anyway.

Speaking of Van......he is growing at a rapid pace, in my opinion. This kid is huge! When he moves it almost knocks me over. He feels so much bigger than Riley did! I'm sure I am imaging that, but it's still way more uncomfortable this time around. I still have nine weeks to go and couldn't be more ready. I know our lives will change and it will be very difficult adding another baby to the family but I can't stand being pregnant and would rather have no sleep and no free time than be pregnant. I have to admit I am starting to get nervous about having two kids. I hear it's a pretty hard adjustment and that we can kiss our social lives good-bye but I am just as excited as I am nervous. I can't wait to see this little guy's face!! I can't wait to hold him!! I can't wait to kiss him!! Simply said....I can't wait!

Oh, and I need a nickname for him! He cannot be called Baby since we already have one of those. Riley has made that clear. Her "other" name is Baby and it's here to stay.

No comments: