Thursday, November 20, 2008

To clean or not to clean

No one told me that every day my house would look like a tornado had torn through it once I had children. There's no stopping the mess that our little tot makes every day. Her new favorite thing is to find something full of something and empty it. Riley empties my jewelry armoire every morning and my Tupperware cabinets every night......several times a night. I have found that it's pointless to pick up after her until she goes to sleep because she does it all over again. It's actually very enjoyable to watch her at work, but not nearly as much fun cleaning it up. Don't tell anyone, but sometimes I don't pick it up for a day or two. I was never a great housekeeper to begin with and this has completely destroyed any chance of me winning any kind of a "Good Housekeeping" award. Good thing we love the baby more than a clean house!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Our house is already extremely hard to keep clean with the four pets! I am so not looking forward to when Grady starts contributing to the mess by getting into everything! I probably will be leaving it around for awhile too.